Thursday, December 16, 2010

Wand-er

For my RPG plugin, I've veered off slightly, first making a "magic wand" interface.

The commands to use the plugin are:

/wand bind <command> : "Enchants" your wand (stick) with a spell (command)
/wand unbind <command> : Remove a spell from your wand
/wand list : List all spells bound to your wand

You control your wand with the mouse:

left-click: Cast the currently active wand spell
right-click: Cycle through enchanted spells

So far, it's been a lot of fun to use.

My ultimate goal is to have this tie into a "spell" system, which will be a framework for spell names, costs, and requirements.

I also think it would be nice to restrict enchanting the spell to a workbench or some other specialty block- so you can't add new spells to your wand on the fly.

I'm currently thinking it would be great if each spell could be associated with a specific object. Then, to bind your wand to a spell, you would place the wand and that object in your workbench.

These are all loose ideas, of course. Currently I'm just having fun blinking around and then boom'ing up the world like some kind of insane evil wizard.

No comments:

Post a Comment